Carousel, Royal Plaza on Scotts

I was back here for our February L.A. Lunch. This time, I decided to focus, in order to give my digestive system a little break from all that Chinese New Year feasting.

I headed straight to the western mains, the Braised Beef with Carrots and Truffle. Oh I really like this, the beef is tender, the carrots are crunchy and sweet, and the sauce is divine, laced with the unmistakable fragrance and distinctive flavour of truffle oil.


I paired the beef with the Roasted Baby Carrots, Parsnips & Squash. These were roasted very well, lightly salted and sprinkled with aromatic herbs.


I also liked the Black Pepper Encrusted Duck. I loved how the smoky flavours of the pepper crust infused the duck.


The Aglio Olio Spaghetti was cooked upon order and perfectly al dente. Simple and delicious.


It was then time for dessert, I shared some ice-cream with my colleagues. We got the classic trio of Vanilla, Strawberry and Chocolate Ice-Cream. Smooth, creamy and refreshing.


And, ladies and gentlemen, this is how you eat a buffet without going overboard (and without falling asleep at work thereafter). Focus on the things that catch your fancy, be disciplined to eat only the things you like, and have the self-control to stop eating before you have to start unbuckling your belt.

Carousel
Royal Plaza on Scotts
25 Scotts Road
Tel: 6737 7966
Email: carousel@royalplaza.com.sg
Website
Open from 6.30am to 10am for breakfasts,
12pm to 2pm for lunches on weekdays, 11.30am to 2pm for lunches on weekends and public holidays
3.30pm to 5.30pm for high teas,
6.30pm to 10.30pm for dinners.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Janggut Laksa vs 328 Katong Laksa, Queensway Shopping Centre

ABC Brickworks Food Centre

Gong Yuan Ma La Tang