Ristorante Bologna

I like going to Ristorante Bologna for dinner. It's peaceful and quiet, I've never seen a screaming child here. Hmm, in fact, I've never seen a child dining here, period. It's romantic, the restaurant is never very full and it's always dimly lit with the warm inviting glow of candles. And it's unpretentious, I never feel like I have to act or eat daintily here (I'm not one of those prim and proper feminine girl types. In fact, my parents had to send me to ettiquette school to learn how not to sit at the dinner table with my legs propped up on the chair. Obviously, I didn't learn much, hahaa!).

We shared the starter of Insalata Di Capesante Al Forno Con Le Olive Taggiasche E La Salsa All'erba Cipollina ($30) Sea Scallops with Olives and Cold Chive Sauce. I love scallops and these were plump and succulent, seared just right so it was nicely caramelized on the outside but all its wonderful juices were still retained on the inside.


I'm a sucker for good risottos, and Ristorante Bologna's version is done very well. The sunny Risotto Con I Pistilli Di Zafferano E Funghi Trifolati ($28) Saffron Risotto with Sauteed Mushrooms was starchy, creamy and cheesy all at once, with saffron lending grassy sweetness to the dish. The only downside was the sprinkling of chopped parsley to the mushrooms atop the risotto. I left the parsley-infused mushrooms alone.


We also got a meat dish, Medaglioni di Manzo in Padella con I Funghi Porcini e La Fonduta di Taleggio di Valle ($44) Beef Medellions with Porcini Mushrooms and Fondue of Taleggio Cheese. The beef was juicy, tender and full-bodied, with a well-seared crust. I would have liked to see more of the porcini mushroom gravy though.


We needed some greens to wash down all that starch and protein, so we got some Spinaci Al Burro E Pinoli ($10) Spinach Sauteed with Pine Nuts and Butter. This was warm, fragrant and had a hint of metallic sweetness.


The Funghi Trifolati ($10) Sauteed Mushrooms with Garlic is a perennial favourite, with its varied textures of oyster, white button, shitake mushrooms. They were simply tossed with olive oil and garlic to focus on the natural flavours of the mushrooms.


The Complimentary Bread Basket with 4 different breads, was fresh, warm, buttery and sweet. Olive tapenade accompanied this on the side.




Ristorante Bologna
Marina Mandarin
Level 4
Tel: 6845 1111
Open Mondays to Fridays from 12 noon to 2.30pm for lunch and 6.30pm to 10.30pm for dinners. Closed on Sundays

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Janggut Laksa vs 328 Katong Laksa, Queensway Shopping Centre

ABC Brickworks Food Centre

Gong Yuan Ma La Tang