Myung-In Mandoo, Seoul, South Korea

I was supposed to go to Seoul in the middle of the week but was down with stomach flu, so I had to postpone my flight to the next day. I couldn't very well board a plane and face turbulence when I was already puking my guts out, giddy and having diarrhoea, could I? Thanks to the copious amounts of pain medication, anti-nausea tablets and sleeping pills before the plane ride, I slept like a baby through the 6-hour flight. Even the smell of airplane lunch didn't rouse me.

However, once I touched down, the hunger pangs struck with a vengeance. We headed to this place we'd heard about from a Korean friend for some kimchi stew with my luggage bags in tow. That was how hungry I was.

Myung-In Mandoo is a chain of eateries specializing in kimchi jjigae, or stewed kimchi soup.


The Kimchi Mandoo (3000Won) or Kimchi Dumplings were chunky, thick and spicy. The only thing I didn't like about this was how thick the dumpling skin was. I understand that this is the way Koreans like their dumpling skin, thick and chewy.


A closeup of the dumpling filling


The Kimchi Jjigae (5000Won) or Kimchi Stew was an explosion of bold flavours, tangy, spicy, rich and robust. This was really quite tear-inducing. Ernie was busy wiping beads of prespiration off his head and sniffing away when eating this. 


Exterior of the restaurant




Myung-In Mandoo
Tel: 547 4555
Website: www.mi-mandoo.co.kr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Janggut Laksa vs 328 Katong Laksa, Queensway Shopping Centre

ABC Brickworks Food Centre

Gong Yuan Ma La Tang