Thai Express, Raffles City Shopping Centre

I met up with Jal for our monthly get-together, and since he's always coming over to the Shenton Way area to have lunch with me, I thought I'd drive out to meet him for lunch around his workplace.

Thai Express is one of the many new food established opened in the newly revamped and expanded food basement of Raffles City Shopping Centre. The heavy foot traffic comprising mostly MRT commuters contributes to the very lively atmosphere of the food basement and the near-full occupancy of almost every restaurant there.

We started off with the Kanom Pang Na Kung ($6.90) minced prawn paste on crispy toast served with sweet Thai chili sauce. I liked this. The prawn mince was flavourful and possessed a chunky and somewhat chewy texture, which balanced out the crisp of the base toast.


The Kung Kamkram Phat Mee Phuket ($14.90) Phuket-style Thai bee hoon with Thai river prawn, available only on the promotional menu, was a letdown. The noodles were limpid and the prawns were mushy and overcooked.


The toughened overcooked prawns with a mushy centre.


The Poo Phat Pong Kari ($10.90) of curried soft shell crab with eggs fared better. The gravy was luxuriously creamy, eggy and richly spicy. Tart raw onions served as a counterfoil to the richness of the curry gravy.


 The one teeny tiny gripe I had about this dish was that the soft shell crab was a tad overcooked. Just a tad.




Thai Express
252 North Bridge Road
Raffles City Shopping Centre
B1-13
Tel: 6883 1490
Open daily from 11.30am to 10.30pm
Website: www.thaiexpress.com.sg

Comments

Anonymous said…
The Prof says : Mushy usually means, NOT fresh. So, was it fresh or not?
Bern said…
Nope, not fresh. It wasn't fresh, and to compound matters, it was overcooked.
Vivian said…
Hi Bern

How do you keep slim/thin/small with so much good food? I already feel fat reading your yummilicious posts! I want to try so many places now!
Anonymous said…
The Prof says: That's damn gross.
Bern said…
Hi Vivian,

Sorry to ask you this but have we met? I've met a few Vivians in my life so I'm not sure which one you are.

About the slim/thin/small thing, the answer is loads of exercise. I exercise and then reward myself with good food. Oh and babe, when you're with a guy that truly loves you, he'll love you no matter what, chubb rolls and all. To be perfectly honest, I've never been as heavy as I am now, and it's really because Buns loves me unconditionally.

Popular posts from this blog

Janggut Laksa vs 328 Katong Laksa, Queensway Shopping Centre

Gong Yuan Ma La Tang

ABC Brickworks Food Centre