Ikea Restaurant, Alexandra

Growing up, I didn't eat anything other than fried chicken wings and roti prata. Yes, I was THAT kid. I was so picky with my food that I'd take up to an hour to eat 2 bites of any meal. I'm a lot better now, but as some of my friends will attest, I'm still quite picky. This is why I don't profess to be a true gourmand. I'm just too picky to be one!

In any case, having eaten so many fried chicken wings, I can, at the very least, hold myself out to be a fried chicken wing expert. It just so happened that I was craving for some fried chicken wings, and Ikea is well known to have the best chicken wings on the island.

I'd just put on invisalign braces, and it may not have been the best idea to eat something that requires chewing. But, trust me, Ikea's chicken wings are so worth the pain.

The Chicken Wings ($7.50 for 6) are mouthwateringly aromatic, with a combination of soy, ginger and probably some fairy dust. They were just that good. Juicy, crisp, and addictive.You really just can't stop at one, or 6! We actually braved the horrendously long queue (it's a school cafeteria-style serving system here) to get another plate of 6 chicken wings after we were done with the first plate.


The daily special was the Baked Salmon ($7.50) slathered with a classically Swedish dill cream gravy and poached french beans. I'm not a fan of dill, and as it turned out, we weren't fans of Swedish salmon, it had a very distinctive pungency about it, very uncharacteristic of the usual clean flavour of fresh salmon. It tasted more like smoked salmon to us.


Some may think that the Swedish Meatballs Combo ($9.90) is the best thing about Ikea, but my vote definitely goes to their fried chicken wings. That said, the meatballs are the second best thing about this place and a must-try as well. A dollop of ligonberry jam and a generous drenching of cream lends tartness and a savoury element respectively to the tasty bouncy meatballs.


The Soup of the Day, part of the meatball combo meal, was the Minestrone. A little generic but fairly decent, with plentiful sweet diced vegetables.






Ikea Restaurant
317 Alexandra Road
2 Floor Ikea Alexandra
Tel: 6378 1604
Open daily from 8am to 10pm

Comments

Anonymous said…
Halo Miss Bunnie

Sigapore food looks nice. No wonder my bother went to visit your contry a few months ago. I tink is not a good idea you come to Korae becaue the japan earthquick is bad and now there is radiaton. This is what happens when peple play with nuclear things. i told my father not to do it here, but he is not listening and he continues. A lot of peple are angry with him because of that.

Jong Un

Popular posts from this blog

Janggut Laksa vs 328 Katong Laksa, Queensway Shopping Centre

ABC Brickworks Food Centre

Gong Yuan Ma La Tang