Hong Kong Kim Gary Restaurant, Vivocity

I bumped into CC, The Professor and Mr J, who were on their way to lunch at Vivocity, and I, of course, shamelessly tagged along. There's only one place at Vivocity that they'll have lunch at, and where else but The Professor's "happy place" - HK Kim Gary. Besides, Mr J had a groupon voucher for a Gelare waffle that he wanted to use, so we were all going to indulge in a bit of dessert after lunch.

I know I'm supposed to refrain from carbs and sweet things and all things sinful, but I do allow myself "cheat meals", so I don't end up going on a binge after the wedding. And so, you will still see carbs and decadent stuff making their appearance on the blog.

Do you ever notice that you get hungry whenever it's rainy? I think it's got something to do with the whole piping hot bowl of savoury that's so comforting during a rainy day.This was my "cheat meal" of the week...and such a treat especially since it was all rainy outside.

Mr J and I had the Set Q ($8.90) comprising a substantial Chinese Mushroom and Shredded Pork Rice. I loved the drizzling of soy seasoning over the rice, tender flavoursome pork, salty braised sliced mushrooms and the corn kernels, even if they were of the canned variety, lent texture and sweetness.


All the set meals were accompanied by a choice of a creamy mushroom soup, or this Borsch Soup, which is really like a thin tomato soup with mixed veggies. This was surprisingly good, although I admittedly didn't have high expectations.


CC had the Set G ($6.90) with a Pork and Vegetable Wanton Soup Noodle main. The handmade noodles were soft, tasty broth wasn't too loaded with MSG and the wantons were plentiful and fresh. 


The Professor had his favourite, the A-Mix Set Meal ($10.90) with chicken steak, pork chop, hotdog, ham and fried sunny side up egg with spaghetti. A hearty meal with cholesterol-laden meats.



Hong Kong Kim Gary Restaurant
1 Harbourfront Walk
Vivocity #02-128
Tel: 6376 8183
Open daily from 10am to 10pm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Janggut Laksa vs 328 Katong Laksa, Queensway Shopping Centre

Gong Yuan Ma La Tang

ABC Brickworks Food Centre