Plain Vanilla Bakery Cupcakes

I've recently been let in on a secret. Kang's plan for domination: to get all his friends fat by feeding them all irresistibly yummy cupcakes. That kind of made sense, because he'd recently gifted us with a box of his latest culinary discovery - Plain Vanilla Bakery. Even after I'd been whining about my weight gain!

Ah well, I've come to terms with the fact that I'm one of those who live to eat. Life's short and you don't ever want to kick yourself for not having savored all that life's to offer, right? I'm not advocating obesity, but I think we should stop obsessing about every single calorie and body image issues. The key is moderation. Live to eat, but make sure you live long enough to eat!

Plain Vanilla Bakery is a small-ish establishment that's made quite a splash in the cupcake business scene for churning out really good confectionery. Their cupcakes are dense and moist, with a nuanced sweetness that walks the tightrope between rich and delicate. They've only got the one shop at Holland Village now, but it's great that they do deliveries too! Definitely an added bonus.


Red Velvet ($3.50 per cupcake) You know, I don't quite understand this local obsession with the American classic. Save for its strikingly lush red hue, I don't see how it stands out from the other cupcakes flavours.


Cookies and Cream, the Hubs' favourite.


Chocolate Hazelnut, my favourite flavour, with its intensely rich nutty elements.


Milk Chocolate Banana, this was a little too sweet for our liking. Would have been better with a little walnut accents.




Plain Vanilla Bakery Cupcakes
34A Lorong Mambong
Holland Village
Tel: 6465 5942
Open Tuesdays to Saturdays from 12noon to 8pm
Sundays from 12noon to 6pm
Closed on Mondays
Website: www.plainvanillabakery.com

Comments

Jer Lin said…
i like the salted caramel and strawberry white chocolate cupcakes best!
FoodieFC said…
reminds me of twelve cupcakes. How much are the cupcakes? thanks
Hey have you tried Cupcake engineer? I like it more than PVB :)
Bern said…
@stargirl: will try those flavours the next time I'm in the area, thanks for the tip!

@FoodieFC: $3.50 each or $19 for 6 cupcakes.

@muchadoabouteating: Nvr been to cupcake engineer but I thought Twelve Cupcakes is slightly better than PVB. Where's cupcake engineer anyway?
It's at cluny court :)
FoodieFC said…
@Bern: oh its almost similar to twelve cupcakes

@muchadoabouteating: I heard cupcake engineer cost $4.50 per cupcake!
Bern said…
Wow $4.50 for one cupcake is ex!

Popular posts from this blog

Janggut Laksa vs 328 Katong Laksa, Queensway Shopping Centre

ABC Brickworks Food Centre

Gong Yuan Ma La Tang