Chocolate Chip Cookies

As you can well tell, I don't do a lot of baking. But, I've resolved to make my own Christmas presents this year, and so, I get these teeny tiny spice jars, bedazzle them up, and stuff in a bunch of teeny tiny chocolate chip cookies. It's waaaaay more effort than I usually make for Christmas presents but I've been inspired by a couple of the most artistic, crafty, Pinterest-and-instagram-mad girls I know (you know who u r, xoxo!).

Merry Christmas ya'll and may u all be blessed with peace, joy and love this yuletide season! 


Ingredients (makes about 100 Famous Amos-sized cookies):
2 1/4 cups self-raising flour
1/3 cup Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups golden granulated sugar, packed tightly (brown sugar works in a pinch)
1 cup butter, unsalted and softened (it's about 2 sticks worth, or 227gm)
1 tsp vanilla essence or extract
2 eggs
2 cups Hershey's mini semi-sweet chocolate chips


Directions:
1) In 1 bowl, mix the flour, cocoa and salt together.

2) In another bowl, whisk sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs together until smooth and creamy.

3) The whisked mixture should look like this. Remind me to get a Kitchenaid for the new year, it was awfully time-consuming and I got a blister beating this. But, on the flipside, I acquired some muscles too!

4) Gradually stir in flour-cocoa-salt mixture, mixing well for a homegenous mixture.

5) The resultant cookie batter should look like this.

6) Add chocolate chips.

7) Pre-heat oven to 180C (356F). Drop rounded teaspoons of cookie batter onto cookie-sheet-lined baking trays. I make cookies that are no bigger than 1" diameter coins, so the dropped batter should be about half the size I want them to be as cookies. For normal, Famous Amos-sized cookies, bake at 190C (375F).

8) Top each cookie with a chip, and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until set.

9) Cool slightly on wire racks.

10) Store in airtight jars.

11) These petite babies make the cutest Christmas pressies ever, happy holidays!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Janggut Laksa vs 328 Katong Laksa, Queensway Shopping Centre

ABC Brickworks Food Centre

Gong Yuan Ma La Tang